Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions and our Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law.
If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not place an Order for Goods or Services with us.
These Terms apply only to consumers who are individuals not acting for the purposes of their
business or profession. All Orders for Goods or Services accepted by us will be subject to the following Terms which will
form part of and will govern the Contract of sale. No variation of these Terms will be accepted
unless agreed in writing by an authorised person of Compu-Zone. We will not accept the inclusion of any
alternative terms by you which conflict with, alter or add to these terms.
‘Contract’ means any contract between you and us for the sale and purchase of Goods or
Services, incorporating these Terms.
‘Goods’ means an individual product or good including Software as described in our literature or
‘Normal Working Hours’ means 9am to 5pm on a Working Day. (Our telephone lines operate between 10am to 4PM Monday to Friday)
‘Order’ means an order for Goods or Services made by you in accordance with these Terms.
‘Order Confirmation’ means our written acceptance of your Order.
‘Services’ means service and support provided by us to you.
‘Software’ means computer program(s) and associated documentation.
‘Working Day’ means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays
Your Right to Cancel (Consumers)
In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulation Act 2014 if you have ordered goods from us, but then simply decided that you wish to cancel your order, then you are entitled to do so and have any money that you have paid to us refunded, provided that the goods have not been in your possession for more than 14 Working Days after the day on which you received the goods ('Working Day' means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays). Please note that you may not cancel any goods ordered from us where any audio or video recordings or computer software has been unsealed by you.
You will receive a refund via your original payment method as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than 30 days after the cancellation of your order.
All costs for returning the goods are to be met by the customer, we cannot accept liability for returned goods lost or damaged during transit. You are asked to wrap the product carefully to avoid damage. You are also advised to return goods by recorded delivery, registered post, or by courier and insure the consignment to cover its value. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Please remember to enclose your name and address, and a copy of your purchase receipt.
If we collect the goods from you, we will charge you for the cost of collection (and we may if we wish deduct this from your refund).
Please Note: Orders returned that have been subject to physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse will be rejected and returned to you along with a redelivery charge. Alternatively, we may charge a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Please note Business customers have no rights to returns goods under the regulation.
Warranty & Returns Procedure
1. You must first obtain a returns reference number by submitting a support request via our website.
Goods returned without a valid returns number will be rejected. Return to Base warranty warrants the PC system to the end-user, against defects in materials and workmanship, which begins the date you receive the goods. If you have received a repair on a system then the warranty period is still only valid from the date you originally received the goods.
2. If your order arrives damaged or has missing items, you must report this via email within 48 hours of receipt. We cannot be liable for any of these issues should they arise after this timescale.
3 If the machine arrives to you DOA (Dead on arrival) then we will collect at our cost (UK only) DOA goods must be reported to us in writing within 2 working days of receipt of goods. After this period the end user is responsible for the cost of shipping the machine to us, and the packaging of the machine. We are not liable if the machine is improperly packed resulting in damage during transit. Please retain all the packaging together with any additional enclosures, manuals, software, as this will assist in returning the product in the correct packaging.
4. The warranty covers the hardware, and we will rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time from the point it is agreed the machine has a hardware fault with our Technical Support team. Consumables such as batteries, ink, blank discs are not covered under this warranty.
5. The Return to Base warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of product, and do not apply to any: Improper & inadequate maintenance or modification. Repairs carried out by non-authorised persons. Damage caused by lack of ESD protection. Software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by Compu-zone Operation outside the product specifications. Physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse. Normal wear and tear. Consumables i.e. batteries, ink cartridges, CD media, viruses or malicious software.
6. If there is no fault found or the problem has been caused by third-party software, Viruses, Malware, user error or physical damage and any of the reasons stated in section 5, a no-fault found charge may be applied, you will be emailed and phoned to confirm this charge within 7 days of the item being tested, you will also be charged return carriage for return of your goods.
7. Software purchased separately will be supported by the manufacturer of that software and not under this warranty.
8. We will support and re-install software that we have provided pre-installed on the system, we will not support third party software and re-installation of third party software will be chargeable.
9. No refunds or compensation are possible due to system failure, loss of data, loss of business, repairs or delays in repairs.
10. The warranty applies to the original owner of the PC system and is non-transferable.
11. We reserve the right to repair or replace any faulty components.
12. The warranty is void if, there is any attempt made to inspect, diagnose or repair the system by a non-authorised third party, or if the system is inadequately or improperly maintained or modified or if there are any outstanding charges. If the end user wants to upgrade please contact the Technical Support department prior to upgrading for authorisation to break any warranty seals.
13. All repairs and replacements will carry a 90 days warranty or the original warranty balance, whichever is greater.
14. We reserve the right to replace discontinued products that are still under warranty with the nearest equivalent specification product.
15. Your warranty covers parts and labour from the date of purchase until expiry of the warranty, the length of your warranty is available on the product information page. We recommend that you print this document and the product that you have ordered, you should also print a copy of your receipt and keep this together as we may ask you to provide this information for a warranty return.
16. This document is not proof of purchase or proof of warranty, proof of purchase (ie. Your Invoice) can be printed via the My Account section of our website.
17. Brexit and VAT changes.
IMPORTANT INFO: From 1st January 2021, all items listed on our website will now appear cheaper as they are now zero-rated for VAT.
You will still be responsible for the VAT payment at your local rate and once the goods have been dispatched you will receive an email from DPD normally the same day to make payment for the VAT and also a customs clearance fee of €6.05. This can be paid by Debit or Credit card securely online.
So please bear in mind that on top of the checkout price you will pay DPD the following:-
- Ireland VAT Rate @ 23% of the order total
- A fixed fee of €6.05 for the customs clearance by DPD
As per our terms and conditions if you decide to reject the delivery or failure to make payment of the customs duty in time, then goods will be returned to us and you will responsible for returns carriage and admin costs that we incur from our carriers. This will be deducted from your order total before we refund your order.
Refunds also do not include the original shipping cost you paid.